EPNA: Probe not armed!

Bill K
Participant
Participant

EPNA: Probe not armed!

Post by Bill K » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:20 pm

Hey y'all...

Nikon Altera 8.7.6 running CMM-Manager version 3.4.2.2609.

Last 11 months, not much trouble. Last night it was perfect.

The very last step before the CMM homes itself it throws the error "EPNA: Probe not armed!".

I have shut everything 100% down (breakers etc)... Nothing I do will get me past this. It is directly before homing.

Google and the forum here have 'zero' results when searching for this issue.

Thanks for advance for any and all suggestions.

Bill K
Participant
Participant

Re: EPNA: Probe not armed!

Post by Bill K » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Update:

Without "HOME"ing the machine, I can jog it. I touch a surface with the probe and the light on the TP200 illuminates but there is no beep. There is no beep when karate chopping the probe by hand, but the light lights.
There is no light on the PH10M.

I've taken it all from the PH10M on down and cleaned it all (is already clean) with the white putty type stuff.

Plenty of air pressure. Jogs manually fine. CMM no go home.

EDIT: I've tried different modules as well. I'm not sure what I could possibly be missing. AND.. I've got the machine start light on but I can move the axis' by hand, X, Y, and Z, no issue.

CMM Guru

Re: EPNA: Probe not armed!

Post by CMM Guru » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:54 am

Which controller are you using? More specifically, does it use a PHC10? It sounds like either the PHC10 is off, connector loose, or a broken wire in the head cable. It could also be a problem directly with the controller, but the fact that there is no beep sounds like before the controller - ie: the PHC10 (or connection between the PHC10 and controller.

The error "EPNA: Probe not armed" is a message generated by the controller itself and passed through to us.

In the end, whether it is wires or connectors or PHC10/Controller, you have some type of hardware issue. The fact that you have no light on the PH10 is concerning.