For I++ users upgrading to UCC DIrect 2.0
Ensure that the existing installed version of CMM-Manager is fully synced with UCCserver. This implies that the machine volume, the machine table, the probe head, all calibration spheres, probes and tips from UCCserver are already available in CMM-Manager.
Note: Tools and the machine configuration are imported from the previous I++ Sync environment with the exception of racks. It will be necessary to reconfigure tool changers/racks in CMM-Manager if used.
For all users upgrading CMM-Manager
Be sure to select the option to transfer the existing configuration during the new CMM-Manager installation.
For all UCC Direct 2.0 installations and upgrades
1. If you are upgrading from a previous version of CMM-Manager, obtain and install an updated license for UCC Direct 2.0 (required). Instructions can be found Here
2. Start CMM-Manager
3. From the System Ribbon Tab, press the Switch Driver button, then choose 'Renishaw UCC Direct 2.0' and click OK.
4. Restart CMM-Manager.
5. From the System Ribbon Tab, select Machine Setup and set the UCCserver configuration
- The IP address must be 127.0.0.1. Do not use the UCC controller IP address.
Users upgrading from I++: This is the address that should already be configured for I++. No change should be required.
Users upgrading from legacy Direct Connect: You are now communicating through UCC Server (which uses the 127.0.0.1 'internal to the PC' IP address) and no longer talking directly to the controller.
Absolutely do not change the IP address which was configured by UCCassist during machine commissioning via UCCassist or editing any files. This address is used by Renishaw for UCCserver to communicate with the controller.
- Select 'Auto start UCCserver'
- Browse to the UCCserver executable.
The path is 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Renishaw\UCC\UCCSERVER\UCCSERVER_55000\UCCSERVER.exe'.
Replace '55000' with the numbers representing the version of UCCserver you are using.
- Optionally select 'Start UCCserver as a service' to run UCCserver hidden in the background. This option is not available with older versions of UCC Suite (pre-5.0).
Note that there is no user interaction required with UCCserver, and running as a service is recommended.
6. Complete the remainder of the CMM-Manager Machine Setup as required