UCC Direct 2.0 (DCC) - Setup/Upgrade CMM-Manager

CMM Guru

UCC Direct 2.0 (DCC) - Setup/Upgrade CMM-Manager

Post by CMM Guru » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:29 am

If you have not done so, please setup the UCCserver client environment first. Instructions may be found Here

For I++ users upgrading to UCC DIrect 2.0
Ensure that the existing installed version of CMM-Manager is fully synced with UCCserver. This implies that the machine volume, the machine table, the probe head, all calibration spheres, probes and tips from UCCserver are already available in CMM-Manager.

Note: Tools and the machine configuration are imported from the previous I++ Sync environment with the exception of racks. It will be necessary to reconfigure tool changers/racks in CMM-Manager if used.

For all users upgrading CMM-Manager
Be sure to select the option to transfer the existing configuration during the new CMM-Manager installation.
Transfer Configuration.jpg

For all UCC Direct 2.0 installations and upgrades
1. If you are upgrading from a previous version of CMM-Manager, obtain and install an updated license for UCC Direct 2.0 (required). Instructions can be found Here

2. Start CMM-Manager

3. From the System Ribbon Tab, press the Switch Driver button, then choose 'Renishaw UCC Direct 2.0' and click OK.
UCC Direct 2.0 Switch Driver.png

4. Restart CMM-Manager.

5. From the System Ribbon Tab, select Machine Setup and set the UCCserver configuration
  • The IP address must be 127.0.0.1. Do not use the UCC controller IP address.

Users upgrading from I++: This is the address that should already be configured for I++. No change should be required.

Users upgrading from legacy Direct Connect: You are now communicating through UCC Server (which uses the 127.0.0.1 'internal to the PC' IP address) and no longer talking directly to the controller.

Absolutely do not change the IP address which was configured by UCCassist during machine commissioning via UCCassist or editing any files. This address is used by Renishaw for UCCserver to communicate with the controller.
  • Select 'Auto start UCCserver'
  • Browse to the UCCserver executable.
    The path is 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Renishaw\UCC\UCCSERVER\UCCSERVER_55000\UCCSERVER.exe'.
    Replace '55000' with the numbers representing the version of UCCserver you are using.
  • Optionally select 'Start UCCserver as a service' to run UCCserver hidden in the background. This option is not available with older versions of UCC Suite (pre-5.0).
    Note that there is no user interaction required with UCCserver, and running as a service is recommended.
UCC Setup UCC Start in CMMManager.png

6. Complete the remainder of the CMM-Manager Machine Setup as required
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

myork1967
Nikon
Nikon

Re: UCC Direct 2.0 (DCC) - Setup/Upgrade CMM-Manager

Post by myork1967 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:24 pm

I am on a ucc with ph20 this week...wish i had found this sooner.

so if i am reading this right, the initial setup and comissioning of the cmm is done in server but once done sp2 can take over and you do not make any tips in server? Is this correct?

Also, when obtaining a license we need to state we want ucc direct?

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:55 pm

Sorry I missed your post, Michael.

Kind of right.

The machine must be commissioned in UCCassist-2 by a qualified service person. Then, you would follow the instructions found in this group of instruction for configuring the ClientToolEnvironment. You do not create any tools/tips/calibration artifacts, etc at all in UCCserver.

Once these instructions are completed (both the UCCserver ClientToolEnvironment and the CMM-Manager setup), the customer would ideally never interact with UCCserver. As a matter of fact, interacting with UCCserver would cause problems with the configuration.

myork1967
Nikon
Nikon

Post by myork1967 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:29 pm

I am on cmm manager with ucc now (ph10m)

my boss thought all calibrations would be done in server but from what you said and what i am finding the probe assembly is created in server but the calibrations and tip indexes are done in cmm manager

is this correct..

and thanks for the input

m

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:23 pm

Mike.... Nothing is done in Server. Probe Assembly, Tip Calibration, Table Height, Machine Volume, Raks, etc. It's all done in CMM-Manager.