3DConnexion Support

Discuss hardware / software options here
JoshuaEng
Regular User
Regular User

3DConnexion Support

Post by JoshuaEng » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Does anyone know if we can get 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact working with CMM-M? I would LOVE to start using a 3D mouse with CMM-M and using hotkeys.

The annoyance is - our modeling software is compatible with the SpaceMouse so when I jump between CMM-M and our modeling software I end up trying to use it out of habit.

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: 3DConnexion Support

Post by medupriest » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:14 am

The space mouse should work the same in CMM-Manager as it is just mouse key-bindings, but I have heard some dissatisfaction with the functionality. I would suggest trying it using the space mouse you already have.

JoshuaEng
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JoshuaEng » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:10 pm

I have tried tweaking the settings on both CMM-M and 3DConnexion to no avail. The only function I have been able to get out of the mouse is Zoom In/Out and the side hotkeys which work great! Any suggestions are appreciated! I know it will be hard to help without the product in hand so I completely understand if this goes unresolved.
CMM MANAGER FORUM SPACE MOUES.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ameade022008
Power User
Power User

Post by ameade022008 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:59 am

Any Update to this? I too have a 3dconnexion mouse as well and i'm in the same situation
Albert Meade
Quality Manager, Metalcraft Inc.
http://azmetalcraftinc.com/

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:55 am

I had one of these devices in the office several years ago and was able to get Zoom (in & out), translate, and 3D rotate all working. I think we have a device in Brighton, MI office, I will try to get my hands on it and give updated instructions if I can get it working.