creating features on Cloud or Edge Profile by Selecting Points with dragging curve in CAD window

Software topics related to Nikon iNexiv and Retrofit Camera
shamwasu
User
User

creating features on Cloud or Edge Profile by Selecting Points with dragging curve in CAD window

Post by shamwasu » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:33 am

Hi All,

Is it possible to create features on Cloud or Edge Profile by Selecting Points with dragging curve in CAD window?.

Thanks in Advance.

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: creating features on Cloud or Edge Profile by Selecting Points with dragging curve in CAD window

Post by medupriest » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:03 am

I am not entirely sure what you are looking to do. If you want to make CAD features from measured points, you can create a curve, but not a surface from measure clouds.

You can turn measured clouds into surfaces and then add those surfaces to CAD (best-fit a feature and then go to the feature database tab, right-click on the feature, and select "Add To CAD").

You can create a curve from measured points by going to the Display ribbon tab, going to the CAD editor, the Curves tab, and Create Curve.

You can also extract points out of a cloud to best-fit other features. This is just a point construction. Be careful when doing this as if you have more or fewer points in the same cloud on another part, the extracted features can include points that you didn't intend to use. Give yourself a margin of points so features do not include these points.

shamwasu
User
User

Re: creating features on Cloud or Edge Profile by Selecting Points with dragging curve in CAD window

Post by shamwasu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:19 am

Thanks for reply.

Im looking to construct features (Point, Circle, Line Etc) on measured cloud data scanned using option Edge Profile or Measure cloud in Vision.

At present this functionality is only available for Construct Point. While using this command extract point from cloud option is available in command window(Ref attached image).
Capture.JPG
Im looking for same functionality for other features also. This is possible just adding option extract point from cloud similar to construct point feature. One more functionality you can provide is selection of cloud points from CAD window by dragging or picking (At present we need to use Toggle Sel button after selecting point in the list)

Present method of constructing point features from cloud and then other elements from constructed points is very tedious

Request to Nikon Team :
Please add Extract point from Cloud similar to construct point feature (Ref Image) in other construct feature options also.
Make provision to select points directly on CAD window by picking or dragging (for Toggle Sel you need to go thru all point list)

Thanks you very much in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:54 am

I think I understand your request... You want to measure a Cloud using Edge Profile (Scan) and then reconstruct the one Cloud in to multiple features - i.e. component lines, arcs, circles, etc.

Please be careful with this method since the construct point operation simply uses the point number index to determine which points are output during construction. This means your Edge Profile could contain 400 points on the first execution but then only 350 when program is run, and then your point constructions may be wrong.

I would suggest breaking the edge Profile scans into smaller segments, then reconstruct features as needed.

Is this one time only inspection for sake of reverse engineering? If so, just measure Edge Profile Cloud, export points as Raw Data, then import as individual points and construct features. This will eliminate the extras construction steps but may not be best for repeat run program.

shamwasu
User
User

Post by shamwasu » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 am

Thanks for reply.

This will be possible after adding Extract point from Cloud (cloud Icon) in other elements and
selection of points on CAD window by picking or dragging. (Like Mitutoyo MCOSMOS)

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:34 pm

I think you've missed my point... No matter how you create these points in UI it is not advised to use this method to construct features due to possibility of unique number of points from one program run to the next.