Topics applicable to newer version(s) of CMM-Manager (3.0+)
Tking
User
User

Post by Tking » Fri May 15, 2020 12:47 pm

Just curious what's in store for the next version release? 4.0 coming next or another 3.9 service pack?

The last update with enhanced 3D CAD import times and rendering speed was a huge benefit! Good job.

Beefing up the GD&T capabilities and profile reporting would great. I'm thinking directly to profile reports. We work with many prints that allow MMB boundry shifts, but CMM Manager doesn't handle that on profile reporting; like it does for true position. Our current workaround is shifting the alignment an allowable amount before reporting profile.

Anyway, just what the CMM-M team has in store for this year. Hope everyone is staying healthy and busy!

-TKing

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 4.0

Post by CrashN8 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:30 pm

3.10 is coming pretty soon... thank you for the kind words about Rendering CAD, etc. We've made similar improvements for Report generation in 3.10, though you'll probably only notice if you are running huge programs.

Off the top of my head we have made big changes to DMIS execution - i.e. added more DMIS commands, added multiple Probe Assy support, etc. We're adding SP25 support to Pantec controllers. We made many small reporting enhancements but had not gotten to the point of a grander GD&T overhaul that will come soon enough. We've added some more capabilities that help with Automation integrations. This is by no means a complete list... keep an eye on the forum, website, LinkedIn, etc. for official release info.

myork1967
Nikon
Nikon

Post by myork1967 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:31 pm

Any chance you could add in an option in the program database, instead of it saying report i.e. report dist bt cir1 and cir2, allow a text to actually show, lets say item1 item2 ect....

Yes i know you can put in comments but i think that would be a great addition....

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:51 am

myork1967 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:31 pm
Any chance you could add in an option in the program database, instead of it saying report i.e. report dist bt cir1 and cir2, allow a text to actually show, lets say item1 item2 ect....

Yes i know you can put in comments but i think that would be a great addition....
I do not understand... Where exactly do you want to customize the text? In the report document, Name (label) of Program Database operation, etc. As you mention you can add Comments (actually Notes) to Report operations, these comments are displayed along with report item in Report document. It sounds like you want to "rename" the Operation in Program Database...