Software updates/upgrade entitlement?

Topics applicable to newer version(s) of CMM-Manager (3.0+)
peachmachineworks
Getting Started
Getting Started

Software updates/upgrade entitlement?

Post by peachmachineworks » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 pm

I am doing some research before pulling the trigger on a used CMM purchase. How does support and software updates work with CMM-M? Is there a support or maintenance contract I need to re-up annually like I do with some of my other software? If so I can find no mention of it anywhere.

Sorry if this has been covered. I tried searching but did not see questions or answers in my hunt.

If it makes any difference I'm trying to decide between CMM-M lite and standard for a faro gage. Lite seems like it will take care of most of what I need. Cad import would be nice to have but for a manual cmm doesn't seem like it may offer much more than some pretty reports with a picture of the model.

probe_it
User
User

Re: Software updates/upgrade entitlement?

Post by probe_it » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:25 am

I use CMM-M on a FARO Gold arm and love it. I have the full version and would highly recommend it. I also used this software on a FARO Gage for a short period of time. That is a very productive setup. Several advantages using the cad version, alignments are simple and fast, live reporting, watch window has a go-nogo type function simply setting probe on surface and surface will light up green if within tol,, cloud to cad reporting is used the most. Hope this helps your decision. The cost is minimal to go with full version on an arm.

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Post by medupriest » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Hello,

Software maintenance (SSC or software service contract) is not required, but is available. The cost of the SSC is about 12% of the cost of the software. If you are 2 or more out of contract then you need to purchase 2 SSC's, but that will always bring you up to date with the latest version and will entitle you to a year of helpdesk support.

If you use CAD, I too would recommend getting the CAD package for the reasons stated by probe_it.

peachmachineworks
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by peachmachineworks » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:27 pm

probe_it -- you sold me. I decided to go with standard over lite -- I was afraid I would kick myself later if I didn't.

medupriest - Thank you for the information on the SSC. That seems pretty reasonable compared to some of my CAD and CAM software.

probe_it
User
User

Post by probe_it » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:03 pm

Good choice, look forward to reading your posts on how you like it.