Solved- Running a Program - what really happens?

Step by step CMM-Manager tutorials
CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Solved- Running a Program - what really happens?

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:53 pm

You only need to use Sync CAD after subsequent alignment - i.e. it's not needed after initial alignment. Cloud to CAD deviation is not correct unless CAD is Synced. Not sure how CAD comes out of synchronization for you. When does this happen? Have you messed with setting you do not fully understand in Preferences? There is a setting related to Automatic Align Part during Program Run in the Program Running Preferences. I would ask Help Desk to review your settings, you can submit a Help Desk file or ask Help Desk to have a quick look by web meeting.

martincka9668
User
User

Post by martincka9668 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:33 am

I have not messed with the settings. I just put a Sync cad after dcc alignment. It is synced after I put it in the program, then when I run the program, it's not synced.

The program stays in Sync if I do not put "sync cad" in program.

Thanks

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:17 am

martincka9668 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:33 am

The program stays in Sync if I do not put "sync cad" in program.

Thanks
This tells me you are not Syncing to the correct Alignment or the Alignment is not representative of CAD Ref Frame. Something is not right here... It's not the software, I have literally programmed 1000's of parts. If the CAD Ref Frame and Alignment are right then CAD will Sync as expected.

Email me your program... PM me if you don't know email.

Torak570
Participant
Participant

Post by Torak570 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:56 am

Is your plane on a DCC alignment different than the plane on your manual alignment? I had to add a translate to my program when the planes are different to sync the cad

medupriest

Post by medupriest » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:40 am

The Sync CAD is the Command you want. You only need to have it in place after the DCC alignment.

The CAD model must be in sync when you do Cloud-to-CAD reporting as it is using the part reference frame and comparing to the CAD nominals (unless you are using best-fitting).