Report viewer

probe_it
User
User

Report viewer

Post by probe_it » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:03 am

Has there ever been any discussion on offering a "Report Viewer" so that engineering can open reports which contain graphical reports and analyze the results? The ability to rotate, zoom, add/delete labels, change display modes, etc., are some of the tools engineering would like to have access to. Is an offline seat the only way to accomplish this?

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: Report viewer

Post by medupriest » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello,

An offline seat would be the way to manage this. You could then automatically save the run results so not only would your engineering team be able to view and modify the reports, but they would be able to create new constructions and alignments, and would be able to otherwise manipulate the raw data in any way that you could with an online seat in run mode. The least expensive way would be the manual offline seat, and if you don't want CAD, you can do the light version, but I understand that that might be a bit much if you only want to view and change the graphical report display.

If you think you may benefit from the offline programming in the future, I would recommend going that way, but I will discuss it with the development team to see what could possibly be done regarding a run-results viewer in a future release.