Using a variable to change tolerances on report

Jerry P
Getting Started
Getting Started

Using a variable to change tolerances on report

Post by Jerry P » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:46 am

Is there any way to use a variable to change the tolerances on the report? We have a production job of hubs that have almost a hundred different bore sizes. And dozens of different tolerance classifications. Right know we use VB script to change the bore sizes in the program. But is there any way to change the tolerance in the report by a variable or other means?

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using a variable to change tolerances on report

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:03 pm

Similar to measured feature you are able to specify Variable for Report Characteristics... Look for the Set Variable button on the Report Operation as shown below:

report_variable.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jerry P
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Jerry P » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Here is where I get confused. The Help File says, “Click the Set Nom Variables button to enter the variable names for a feature's reported tolerances.” But any variable you in there changes the Nominals only, they do not effect the tolerances. Am I missing something?

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:29 am

Oh I see now, you want to change Nominal and Tolerance...

If you need to change Tolerance via VB Variable then you need to use User Defined Dimension. This allows specification of all three (upper tol, lower tol, and Nominal) You can find an example here - https://www.cmmmanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4141