True position out put

ccarne248
Getting Started
Getting Started

True position out put

Post by ccarne248 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:37 pm

How can I output a true position with an XY or Z value attached as well?

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: True position out put

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:34 am

Use the check boxes at bottom of a True Position dialog to enable Coord Dev and / or Feature Report.

ccarne248
Getting Started
Getting Started

True position out put

Post by ccarne248 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:19 am

When I tolerance a true position and edit the nominal s it still print the nominal's where it was picked up rather than what i changed it to. It does calculate the true position correctly. When I click the box "set nominal values" and change then there I get an error saying invalid name.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: True position out put

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 am

Nominal Position is only calculated using Nominal values entered on first tab of True Position Dialog. You can (by clicking Feature Rpt Checkbox) also turn on XYZ deviation independent to True Position. These two Nominal inputs and corresponding Report outputs are highlighted in ORANGE and YELLOW in the image below. Please Note that Feature Rpt option does allow XYZ output but is usually used just to include Diameter or other Size characteristics - many times these size outputs are used to calculate Material Modifier for True Position. A better way to include XYZ deviation in True Position Report is unchecking XYZ options in Feature Report and instead checking the Coord and Coord Dev boxes, these will then output the actual deviation of each Basic dimension using automatically the Nominal Values entered in Position Dialog.

true_pos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.