Surface Profile Reporting Datum Configuration

joxen
Getting Started
Getting Started

Surface Profile Reporting Datum Configuration

Post by joxen » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:33 pm

I'm trying to report surface profile of a plane, and any combination of datum features I choose won't let me click OK, giving me a message saying "Invalid datum configuration." I'm using a plane parallel to the one in question, a line in that plane, and a circle whose center lies on the line. Should be a pretty standard alignment setup. And yet, the only way I am allowed to confirm the report is by checking "Use Part Ref Frame." What are the rules for a valid datum configuration? I can't find any combination of these features or any others that works without using the part ref frame.

I can confirm the exact same plane-line-circle configuration DOES work for a position tolerance.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Surface Profile Reporting Datum Configuration

Post by CrashN8 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:22 am

Yes... I am familiar with this "error" I use Current Ref Frame option exclusively and suggest you do the same for now. I think maybe we fixed the same issue that you mention with Position pretty recently, odd that we missed Profile at that time. Sorry about that. Anyway, I see we have notes about this and intent to resolve but somehow it's fallen through the cracks on previous releases. I have just increased the priority to max and bumped this to the top of our backlog. SHould be resolved soon, if not in 3.10 then probably in Service Pack that follows shortly after.

joxen
Getting Started
Getting Started

Re: Surface Profile Reporting Datum Configuration

Post by joxen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Thanks. Using Current Ref Frame doesn't cause any problems, it just seemed strange that it was the only way to make the report work.