Out of memory

SebastianXP
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Out of memory

Post by SebastianXP » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:18 pm

BBruner wrote:I have had the same problem in the past. IGES files do better than Step when it comes too large files.
Thank You for advice.

So far i recive many cad data form different factories, and the problem is this same. No reason is it weights 15MB or 150 MB, its about number of faces. Like i said before in this cad data i have over 26,500 faces so software starts to really slow down. Its no problem form PC side, I open this data twice in this same time in another software, and it spining very well. So i think is no problem in cad data.

I'm so exhausted, cause in the middle of the last year 2017 we bought two cmm's, and we retrofit some old Zeiss machine to the Nikon. Now, we're able to write,and open all cmm programs on all 3 cmm's. Everything was on go road, until now... I'm unable to run "big" cad data on all cmm's, especially on LKV Evo 30.20.15 whitch is useless in a half of they capabilities

HELP :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SebastianXP
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by SebastianXP » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:25 am

Does SP2 change sth in this topic ? I can't see any diference :oops:

probe_it
User
User

Post by probe_it » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:38 pm

I deal with large molds that sound similar to what you deal with. We are updating our hardware this week. Until then, I have found that SP2 did improve importing the files in. IGES seems to be the goto format for us. It stills takes time but is does come in. Once it is in, I save as a project file (.cmp) then close CMM Mgr. Re-open CMM Mgr and then open the saved .cmp file. You should notice the .cmp opens up quicker than importing the file. Once open, I begin creating layers. Many of ours molds are multiple cavities so if I am working on a single cavity, I box select each cavity and create a layer. So I would have a least 4 layers, one for each cavity. Then I hide all these layers and create a layer of all the stuff I don't need. I hide all layers I don't need plus the other 3 cavities I am not working on. Not sure why but this works better than deleting the non-essential stuff out of the file but it does. Rotating and translating the model has improved greatly for us.
When our updated hardware is in place I will post an update as to whether there are any improvements or not.
I hope this helps you as I know how aggravating this is.

SebastianXP
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by SebastianXP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:49 am

probe_it wrote:I deal with large molds that sound similar to what you deal with. We are updating our hardware this week. Until then, I have found that SP2 did improve importing the files in. IGES seems to be the goto format for us. It stills takes time but is does come in. Once it is in, I save as a project file (.cmp) then close CMM Mgr. Re-open CMM Mgr and then open the saved .cmp file. You should notice the .cmp opens up quicker than importing the file. Once open, I begin creating layers. Many of ours molds are multiple cavities so if I am working on a single cavity, I box select each cavity and create a layer. So I would have a least 4 layers, one for each cavity. Then I hide all these layers and create a layer of all the stuff I don't need. I hide all layers I don't need plus the other 3 cavities I am not working on. Not sure why but this works better than deleting the non-essential stuff out of the file but it does. Rotating and translating the model has improved greatly for us.
When our updated hardware is in place I will post an update as to whether there are any improvements or not.
I hope this helps you as I know how aggravating this is.
Thank for your advice. We save programs in .cmp file from begining. I will try to use IGS format for cad data. So far I hide all unnecessary models, and work in CMM Manager go a bit better. I have this same problem with molds like You say.

Canalia
New User
New User

Post by Canalia » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:29 am

Dear Nikon,
What is the status of this issue, please?
We know this is not a hardware issue.
Other CAD software loaded on same machines handle 25-50 Mb files easily.
Monitoring CPU and RAM performance, their capacity does not come even near to 100%.
But I did notice that when CMM Manager loads it uses about 130K of memory initially.
When IGES file is loaded it jumps to 1G.
When project is closed it drops to 500K and stays there.

The answer "I think new patch will solve the problem" is not really helpful.
Because, I think, it does not give a confidence that new patch solves this major, to us, issue.

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:51 pm

To those of you mentioning problems loading CAD models, we are working on CAD issues for the next release, and any sample files we could obtain that demonstrate the problem would be helpful.

Please contact cmmmgr.nm@nikon.com if you have a *failing* model that you can supply us.