6-point nest iterative alignments without CAD

John Dee
Regular User
Regular User

Re: 6-point nest iterative alignments without CAD

Post by John Dee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Yes, Using the Iterative 3-2-1 option, and the report does not show the vectors, but upon review of the nominals in the Datum Alignment Line of the program, both the nominals in the path and points are exact as specified on the print.

John Dee
Regular User
Regular User

Post by John Dee » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Thank you for your assistance. I am going to issue a help ticket with a copy of a demonstration of this problem using a 321 alignment and a block, because we need resolution and if the software is damaged, we need to know immediately. I had sent in a ticket earlier in the week, but did not get a response to the ticket.

Again, than you very much for your efforts in this matter!

DavidAlvarez1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by DavidAlvarez1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:53 am

Just speculating but i am thinking after the second iteration say REF2 your nominals are different because it's in relation to a different alignment/ref frame. The nominals may not be absolute but relative to the current ref. frame. I would recall REF 1 and see if the nominals are correct.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 am

Yes, good point... Nominal values should be correct if referring to original alignment. Either way, we are looking into this at Columbus office and will make changes if needed for upcoming release of software.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:36 pm

John Dee wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:06 pm
Thank you for your assistance. I am going to issue a help ticket with a copy of a demonstration of this problem using a 321 alignment and a block...

Again, than you very much for your efforts in this matter!
I sent you an email asking if you can participate in version 3.10 Beta Release. Email includes link to download 3.10 Beta as well as instructions to test.

Thank you for this feedback and raising the issue, it helps improve the quality of CMM-Manager. We really appreciate it.