Post by smudge611 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Processor: Intel Core i7-8700k CPU 3.70GHz
Memory 16 GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
CMM Manager 3.9.2.7233
PH20 Probe Head
Okay,
I have been using Cmm Manager for a couple months now with varying results
The biggest issue I have is with Alignments. They should be pretty much the same every time but I always seem to have to jump thru different hoops to get my fixtures aligned.
My fixtures are for headlamps, tail lamps and lid lamps. So they are all pretty consistent in their axis.
I was told Cmm Manager mirrors Right to Left, So I always start with a Right Hand fixture.
My tooling ball set up is 3 for the origin, 2 for plane and 1 for axis (and this works most of the time)
After CAD Import, I do a Sync Part Reference Frame, and I check the tooling balls to see if they are close to what is stamped on the fixture.
But when I run the program CAD is way off in space as well as the trihedron but my tooling balls are located on the plate right where they should be.
I have sent this into the help desk but have yet to hear anything back.
Any suggestions?
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smudge611
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Tooling Ball - CAD - RPS

Post by smudge611 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 am

compare.JPG
Here is where I am at on this, I imported the fixture, and double checked the numbers since the CAD is left hand.
They are all pretty close to what they should be on the certification.
My problem now is I cannot get the CAD to mirror correctly the numbers should all be positive
but no matter what I try I always get one set that is in the negative axis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smudge611
Regular User
Regular User

Post by smudge611 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:17 am

I figured it out myself, with NO help, and NO response from the helpdesk

chuck swanson
Regular User
Regular User

Post by chuck swanson » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:57 am

Ouch.
Maybe because it was over a weekend?

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:18 pm

smudge611 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:17 am
I figured it out myself, with NO help, and NO response from the helpdesk
And could you share your solution with the rest of us? Sorry for delay in Help Desk reply, indeed if this was over a weekend you will get minimal response.

I'm guessing you removed the Sync CAD command from Program. Remember, this happens automatically so in most cases it's not needed.

smudge611
Regular User
Regular User

Post by smudge611 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:30 am

It's all about the location of the cursor during a mirror, I was originally told that the cursor needed to be at the top of the program list during a mirror. this is incorrect.
The cursor should be at the bottom so it is actually mirroring the part reference not the machine reference.
sync cad had nothing to do with it.

I submitted the request Friday morning and still had not received a reply by the following Monday.