Machine Setup

Software topics for versions 1.2 - 2.5
temeculaprecision
New User
New User

Machine Setup

Post by temeculaprecision » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently had a video card installed in my desktop but had to move the serial card to a different pci slot. Well that changed my com port and messed up communications with the CMM. I didn't know the machine setup password so I reinstalled cmm manager 1.2.3.1 (Build 2007-0131) and it fixed the communications but my "Digital Read Out window" show numbers that don't suite my CMM. The table size is only 33 X 37 but DRO shows X over 500 inches, y over 100 inches, and z 90 plus inches. (see attachment)

Can someone help with this? Do I need to go into machine setup to input table size? If so, does anyone have an idea of what the default password is. Password was never set after install.

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Machine Setup

Post by CrashN8 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:37 am

Machine Setup password is 'goiq'

I suspect there was a Scale Resolution specified in first tab of Machine Setup. Default is 1,1,1 (XYZ) but it sounds like yours may need to be some smaller factor like 0.1? Get the scale factor set by moving the machine a known distance - i.e. 10 inches. Then subtract the difference in DRO count for start / end of move, divide the actual move distance by count distance and this is your Scale Resolution.

temeculaprecision
New User
New User

Re: Machine Setup

Post by temeculaprecision » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm

I'm back up and measuring, thanks to you. :) Thank you!