Nikon cmm not following program but the simulation is???

Software topics related to Nikon iNexiv and Retrofit Camera
MistyOnion
Participant
Participant

Nikon cmm not following program but the simulation is???

Post by MistyOnion » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:48 am

Greetings,
My Nikon VMA-2520 iNEXIV cmm follows my old part program exactly in the simulation, but when I run the verification the probe is getting an "unexpected hit" Also axis appears to be to be skewed 45 degrees in the XY plane. Any ideas why this is happening? Can anyone recommend a good service technician for this machine in Southern NH? Thank-You

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nikon cmm not following program but the simulation is???

Post by CrashN8 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:43 am

Sounds like the Alignment resulted in skewed program. Did this program work work originally? I would do an ALign Part in Teach Mode to correct the skew and then investigate Alignment steps in program to be sure they're robust.

MistyOnion
Participant
Participant

Post by MistyOnion » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 am

Hi, thanks Crash N8 for your response. The program has been running fine for 2 years, then suddenly lost it's way. Tried alignment several times and works fine in simulation mode but not during verification.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:56 pm

Working in simulation does not tell me much... is this path near the outside volume of the machine? Is it the only touch measurement? If not, do other touch measurements work correctly? Can you Re-Align the program as I suggested using "Align Part?" Please look up Align Part here on Forum or in Help Files... This is almost certainly the issue unless the measurement path is interfering with outside volume of system.

MistyOnion
Participant
Participant

Post by MistyOnion » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:20 am

New problem just came up. I just updated my CMM-M software to 3.9 SP2 and now my software won't even launch! Error message says I need sw license. I tried to retrieve the license from the link provided and same error message keeps coming up. Any ideas?

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:23 am

When did you purchase CMM-Manager? What what was your previous version? Are you under a maintenance contract? Or are you trying to run 3.9 SP2 as a demo?

Did you try to use the automated link for a demo? Or send the create/send what was your current C2V file for an *update*?

Although running the most recent version you are eligible for is always a good idea, updating CMM-Manager to fix a program that has run for 2 years is unlikely to fix anything. I think Nate is on the right track with this. We need to look at what has changed. Or, since you mention a probe trigger as soon as motion starts, a machine problem.

MistyOnion
Participant
Participant

Post by MistyOnion » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:39 am

I'm fairly new to this machine and trying to get some of the history of it. It looks like our seat had a service contract through 5/1/2017 which would make 3.6 SP2 the latest version we would be eligible without renewing our service contract. We recently updated our software from 3.5 Sp1 to 3.6 Sp2 and this is when the issues showed up.

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:41 am

Misty,
In the Windows Start menu, find Nikon Metrology > License Remote Update System. Run this and collect a "C2V" file and send it to the email address listed. Tell them that your system can't find the 3.6 SP2 license. They will send you a V2C file back that you use the 2nd tab of this program to apply it. That should resolve your license issue.
If it is still problematic (licensing) please contact licensing.nm@nikon.com directly.

MistyOnion
Participant
Participant

Post by MistyOnion » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:31 am

Unfortunately, The email link provided was not working.

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:22 am