Program stops in middle of Loop

spm3055
Getting Started
Getting Started

Program stops in middle of Loop

Post by spm3055 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:34 pm

I am checking a part with 93 identical features in 3 bolt circles around the center of the part. I'm trying to measure one set of features and rotate the reference frame in a loop to automatically measure and tolerance them per bolt circle. When I run my program it measures and reports the first features of the loop then it just stops before the rotate command. Not sure what's going on, I don't get any errors. It just doesn't move to the next line of the program. Do translate functions not work in a loop? Help Desk File attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ryan Christopher
Nikon
Nikon

Re: Program stops in middle of Loop

Post by Ryan Christopher » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:33 pm

I hope someone else out there is cleverer than me but here is my two cents:

I prefer your looping method for a part like this but CMM Manager may not allow you to do it this way. It is odd that your program is hung-up but if you do get past that roadblock you will discover a problem with syncing. The program will loop, but the same hole will get measured 23 times. I've never found happiness with cad models and loops in CMM-M (except for operation groups, but only translations are allowed).

If you program this from the ground up without a CAD model your loop should work fine.

A less-than-elegant but effective solution that lets you keep your cad would be to use the transform function. (PROGRAM DATABASE WINDOW > select the features your want to copy/transform > RIGHT CLICK > TRANSFORM.) After the transform you may need to update nominals from the same right click menu.
Ryan Tackes
Applications Manager, VMS Inc.
http://www.vantagemeasure.com/

medupriest

Re: Program stops in middle of Loop

Post by medupriest » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:44 pm

I am also looking in to this project on my end through the developers and will report back any findings I have.