Cannot Connect to GPIB Probe Controller

Racinslack20
Regular User
Regular User

Cannot Connect to GPIB Probe Controller

Post by Racinslack20 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:26 am

Hello,
I have been having some issues and figured I would reach out on here and see if anyone has had this problem or knows what could be wrong. For quite some time I have been running CMM Manager on a 32 bit system. It has worked fine other then when I try to import larger CAD files i have some issues manipulating the model and also get an out of memory error. I upgraded to 3.9 and still have some of the same errors. I was told at some point that upgrading my system to a 64 bit would help with these issues. The files i am trying to import are not very large, 458 KB for example. I work in the automotive industry and parts i am trying to import are car sub frames. They are Catia V5 native files. I have tried making these IGES files with no change.

Fast forward to present, I have switched to a 64 bit system and i can not get the controller to connect. I have all the settings that i had in the 32 bit and i believe all the drivers. I get an error message when trying to connect saying to check communication settings. My IT guys have been working with Nikon to try and resolve this issue but still cant seem to figure this out. I have attached the error message in this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Cmm-Error.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

medupriest

Re: Cannot Connect to GPIB Probe Controller

Post by medupriest » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:29 am

Have you been working from the install guide viewtopic.php?f=10&t=262? It is a supported configuration.