IMPROVEMENTS FOR NEXT UPDATE

Advanced techniques applicable to any version of CMM-Manager
CFATDAU
User
User

IMPROVEMENTS FOR NEXT UPDATE

Post by CFATDAU » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Hi ,
I have asked this in the past for years since 3.3 I believe and have never seen it happen, I know I have a post on it somewhere probably from my old account cfatvette.
I would like to see the ability to measure flatness in a unit by unit bases, therefor specify a size like 1.00" by 1.00" and give it a tolerance of say .001, and it will measure within a plane or cloud the furthest distance from point to point in any 1" x 1" area over the entire plane. This would be great since most our customers need both a TIR and UNIT BY UNIT measurement in multiple device areas.
Next I have a new request that shouldn't be as hard, when I click a surface to measure hole pattern, I like the new ability added a couple updates ago to sort by size. What I would like to see added though is after it creates the path , to have the ability to pick the order or at least the start and the end. Sometimes it jumps around a skips than goes back to holes so I end up just clicking each one individually in the order I want which takes a while when you have 300 holes and it wants to go all over the place.
I have been working with the software since 3.3 and seen it grow over the years, keeps up well with competing software's for the most part, keep up the good work.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IMPROVEMENTS FOR NEXT UPDATE

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:15 pm

We've made initial steps (finally) towards addressing your request. You may have noticed we added ISO GD&T evaluations in 3.9. Since we now use new libraries for GD&T calculations we should be able to add Flatness per Unit more easily. I will update our request list again per you comments.

I will need to investigate your request about sort order of Hole Pattern... This should be pretty easy to address.

Thanks again.