Plane on round object

jarek
Getting Started
Getting Started

Plane on round object

Post by jarek » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:20 am

hi all

I have lots of cylindrical objects to measure. I want to create plane on it but plane feature is square. at the moment I use many rows and deleting points which miss the surface.
is there any option to do circular plain without messing with all missing points on square plane??

regards jarek

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Plane on round object

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:29 am

You can use Circular Plane... This could be Define DCC (keyed in) feature or CAD taught. You can find the buttons in Feature Ribbon Tab as shown below:

CAD:
circular_plane_CAD.jpg

Define DCC:
circular_plane_JS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jarek
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by jarek » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:48 am

CrashN8 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:29 am
You can use Circular Plane... This could be manual / joystick feature or CAD taught. You can find the buttons in Feature Ribbon Tab as shown below:

CAD:
circular_plane_CAD.jpg

Joystick / Define:
circular_plane_JS.jpg
In my software 3.5.1.3384 version circular plane is unavailable. do you know why???

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:45 am

Circular Plane was added to CMM-Manager in version 1.2 in 2005. What do you mean unavailable? If you are trying to use CAD version then you must have imported a CAD model first... if you're trying to use Define Circular Plane then the Define option must be selected at far left side of Features Ribbon Tab.

jarek
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by jarek » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:32 am

Circular Plane is grey in my Software. I have 3.5.1.3384 version. check picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Acuity_Metrology
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Acuity_Metrology » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:32 am

You cannot teach a circular plane with the Joystick radial button selected.

It can be CAD taught by using the drop-down under the CAD teach and selecting two coplanar and concentric circles.

You can also change the radial button to Define DCC, and you will then be able to enter in the nominal value of the circular plane.