UCC Direct 2.0 (DCC)

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

UCC Direct 2.0 (DCC)

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 am

UCC Direct 2.0 supports a wide variety of configurations running on a Renishaw UCC controller with tactile probing. UCC Direct 2.0 uses a sub-set of I++ commands via UCCserver and the ClientTool environment. However, all user interaction is in CMM-Manager after the initial setup and configuration.

Supported Systems
  • Note: PH20 is not supported, and SP25/Scanning is not supported!

• Controllers
    Renishaw UCCFusion, UCC T3-2, UCC T3, UCC T3 PLUS, and UCC S3 only when used as a UCC T3.

• Probe Head Controllers
    A PHC embedded in the controller, or PHC10-2, PHC10-3, PHC10-3 PLUS connected to the host PC or (if applicable) the UCC Controller.

• Probe Heads
    PH10, as well as most indexable manual heads such as MH20i, MH8, and RTP20. (Position feedback is not supported for MIH-S)

• Probes
    TP2, TP20, TP200, TP6
This is not an exhaustive list of all potentially supported hardware. If you have question about configurations not listed here, please contact Nikon support.

Installation / Upgrade
  1. If you are upgrading an existing installation of CMM-Manager to UCC Direct 2.0, an updated license is required. Please request an updated license for the UCC Direct 2.0 driver following the online instructions.

2. Configure the UCCserver ClientToolEnvironment by following the instructions in the User Guide below, or the online instructions.

3. After configuring the UCCserver ClientToolEnvironment, setup/upgrade CMM-Manager as instructed in the User Guide below, or the online instructions.
Probe Head hardware connection
Examples of various Probe Head connection options can be found here.

For iOS / Mobile device click here to download the PDF file.

It appears you don't have a PDF plugin for this browser... you can click here to download the PDF file.

Szymon
Nikon
Nikon

Re: UCC Direct 2.0 (DCC)

Post by Szymon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:14 am

I have 2 questions regarding new driver:

- Does UCC direct 2.0 use Renishaw GMEC error map? Or it is necessary to change the map to native CMM Manager?
- Is it possible to use thermal compensation with UCC Direct 2.0?

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:30 am

Szymon,

You can use a Renishaw error map. Or a CMM-Manager. I would recommend that you convert to CMM-Manager however as we do all the "offset" control and so forth internally.

Temp comp. Hmmm... I'm going to assume so, but let me check.

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Szymon,

An oversight on our part. This driver uses a subset of I++ commands the the handful of commands to deal with temp comp were not "enabled" in the driver.

This will be addressed in 3.10 which releases in the spring.