CALIBRATION BALL SETUP FOR STAR PROBE

jarek
Getting Started
Getting Started

CALIBRATION BALL SETUP FOR STAR PROBE

Post by jarek » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:22 am

HI ALL

I WANT TO SETUP REFERENCE TIP FOR STAR PROBE. I DONE THIS IN CAMIO 8 SOME TIME AGO BUT I DONT REMEMBER IT NOW HOW I DID.
DO I NEED TO CREATE REFERENCE TIP IN X+ AND X- DIRECTION??

I HAVE PH10MQ HEAD AND CALIBRATION (DATUM) BALL A-1034-0027

IN MY PREVIOUS WORK PLACE I HAD SOME CUSTOM 90 DEGREE CALIBRATION BALL MADE IN HOUSE. HOW TO CALIBRATE STAR PROBE USING STANDARD CALIBRATION BALL AND HOW TO SETUP REFERENCE TIPS FOR IT??

THANK YOU FOR ALL HELP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Acuity_Metrology
User
User

Re: CALIBRATION BALL SETUP FOR STAR PROBE

Post by Acuity_Metrology » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:25 pm

You can use a star probe for your reference tip, but I wouldn't advise it.

You only need (and can only have) one reference tip. It must be a spherical tip and ideally should be on a standard force module and be within suggested weight/length parameters for the module.

The reference tip locates the calibration sphere and holds relativity to all other tips.

After you calibrate the reference tip, you can just create your star tips and calibrate them. The star probe calibration routine will path all of the tips on a cal-sphere in the Z+ (K1.0) direction so you do not need to clock the sphere at all.

It is recommended that you exaggerate the diameter of the stem by 2MM. This will help ensure that the horizontal tips do not touch the stem.