CAD Teach features inside Move Part block on After Move state

Advanced techniques applicable to any version of CMM-Manager
joxen
New User
New User

CAD Teach features inside Move Part block on After Move state

Post by joxen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:20 pm

I have a flat part which needs to have measurements taken on both sides. Up to now, I would do this by writing an entirely separate program for each side, but this is cumbersome. I haven't used the move part feature before, but it's clearly there to do exactly this sort of thing. However, I also like to program using free position alignment, placing the probe at an easily repeatable "close enough" point and then having the program find the part in DCC mode. This is a problem, because the Move Part command does not move the CAD model until after the part has been aligned, meaning it is impossible to use CAD teach features until after the end of the move part step. What I need is a way to temporarily move the CAD in the middle of the Move Part block, allowing me to teach the correct features to perform the fine alignment. Does such a thing exist, or is there perhaps another feature I can use to accomplish the same end goal? Everything I have tried at best is out of sync between the before- and after-move states, and at worse is unable to find the part at all after moving it.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CAD Teach features inside Move Part block on After Move state

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:54 am

If you do not need to re-run the inspection Program you could just use Align Part. Align Part allows you to re-position the entire inspection (including measurement results) to a new location in Teach Mode.

As for using Free Position Alignment, maybe you can Sync CAD after Free Position Alignment. You may also need to rotate the Ref Frame as needed to get it into approximate new location / orientation.