Software Angle rationale

John Dee
Regular User
Regular User

Software Angle rationale

Post by John Dee » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Hello,

I am trying to figure out the rationale behind how CMM interprets angles. In the "Angle Between" reporting option, we can choose between using an axis or a workplane as an initial or terminal angle. I'm not clear on how the software determines which is the initial and which is the terminal angle. If we have a large enough angle, then we can clearly determine which "Angle Option" to select from. However, if the angle very close to 0, 90, 180, or 270, then how are we to tell which side the angle falls on? Is the Angle 90.1 or 89.9? If the X axis drives through a plane, and the requirement is for the plane to be 90 degrees to the X axis (as viewed from the XY Workplane), then which direction? Is the plane 89.9 or 90.1? I don't see a rationale being used. We know If the X axis is the initial angle, which side is the terminal angle?

Many thanks for your assistance!

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Software Angle rationale

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:40 am

This topic has already been discussed here - viewtopic.php?f=48&p=8796 - you'll notice there are directional indicators both Main Graphics that coorelate with what you see in Angle Options Dialog.

FYI - I found this by searching "Angle Options" in the search bar at top right corner of Forum.