I can't edit existing features of a program

Nduck
New User
New User

I can't edit existing features of a program

Post by Nduck » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:06 pm

I could not find any references to this problem. I have an existing program from a customer. I found several problems with how he was processing the part for inspection, so I wanted to make changes. I can add anything I want to the program, but I cannot edit any existing functions. When I open a feature, report, construction, or any existing component of the program, I can see all the details, but cannot edit anything.

Is this normal?

I went back to the customer and he could edit/change anything in the program, yet I cannot.

And there is no password/lock on the file. I can add to it and delete stuff, but cannot edit.

Help!

CMM Guru

Re: I can't edit existing features of a program

Post by CMM Guru » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:00 pm

In the dialog that comes up for edit (you double clicked the line in the program), is the little lock in the upper left corner red? Or green? If it is red, the edit function is locked and you must click on that and unlock the dialog.

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:02 pm

The other thing to try...

Preferences > Create Helpdesk File (makes a backup of your exisiting config)
Have the customer do the same and send that file to you
Import his helpdesk file to load his settings and preferences.

Also -- if you are running 3.9 SP2, you can go to Preferences and click Restore All Defaults just in case you have some odd setting somewhere.

Nduck
New User
New User

Post by Nduck » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:03 pm

Thanks Guru, I discovered the "Lock" right after I posted this. I Tried it and now I can edit. I am new to this CMM stuff. I have programmed CNC machines for 35+ years, but this is my first CMM. I downloaded your Trial offer and by the end of day one we had parts being checked on it. Good Software. Very intuitive...Except for that whole lock thing.

We just purchased the license. I am truly enjoying being able to fully check parts without having to hover over a rock.

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:44 am

There is a preference setting to turn the lock off. However, that increases the risk of "fat fingering" something accidentally.

Glad we could help