TRANSFORM

Topics applicable to newer version(s) of CMM-Manager (3.0+)
J_Gallo
Getting Started
Getting Started

TRANSFORM

Post by J_Gallo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:31 pm

When using the transform option with holes, the retract out of the first hole is deleted causing a crash.
The copied feature path goes directly to a VTouch on the next hole causing a crash.
The retract out of the copied hole remains.

CMM Guru

Re: TRANSFORM

Post by CMM Guru » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:55 am

Which version of CMM-Manager are you using? I assume you have a program with say, 5 holes in a pattern, and you are doing a copy/transform in the Program Database window with an offset to an identical pattern at a new location?

Thank you for reporting this. We will look into this issue.

J_Gallo
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by J_Gallo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:07 pm

We are using 3.9 SP2
I am only doing 2 holes with a single Y axis offset.
I have had major problems with hole patterns on the sides of square parts.

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:33 am

Is it possible to share your helpdesk file with the project opened for us to evaluate? There are some settings that may affect this.

When you teach (not transform) a series of features individually, at the end of each feature, there is a large clearance added. When you create the next feature, that large clearance is removed and a new "link path" is created which then clears the CAD at some optimal (adjustable) values. If you are measuring opposite sides using transform, there could possibly be an issue with the link path creation as it is a complex link path? We would need better detail of the exact issue to try to recreate.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:38 pm

I am seeing similar behavior when programming without CAD. I do not have a CAD model available to test with radial hole pattern, but based on my knowledge of Path Planning this issue is more likely in cases when CAD is not used. Anyway, I have a pretty simple solution.

Transform circle features as you've already done, link paths may have issues. Now highlight all features in radial pattern and right click, click on Path Planning Options... Un-check the "Re-path only if options changed" check-box and press OK. You should see all paths update with correctly link paths - i.e. clear move in and out of each hole.

Re-Path Options.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.