Assembly Program

Advanced techniques applicable to any version of CMM-Manager
AndyCEI
Getting Started
Getting Started

Assembly Program

Post by AndyCEI » Wed May 06, 2020 12:52 pm

I'm currently writing a program offline of a assembled part. Is there anyway to import two CAD models put them together and make one disappear as if it was disassembled on the CMM then make it reappear as if it was assembled on the CMM. I'm trying to check the line bore of the two parts coming together. I think something like this would be useful when it comes to assembly programs. Right now I normally just use the Define man tool to capture the part features with the missing model which takes a lot more time. It would be helpful to capture more features If I can also assemble another CAD and finish off the rest of the program.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Assembly Program

Post by CrashN8 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:45 pm

If you import each part individually they we be in two separate CAD layers. As layers you can Hide / Show as well as specify whether model participates in Collision Avoidance (for path planning)

AndyCEI
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by AndyCEI » Thu May 07, 2020 11:54 am

After importing the two CAD models how do I go about mating them properly. Right now I have the machine alignment set on one and place the CAD to the center of the table but when I import the second CAD it ends up in the middle of the part(first layer) and when I hide the first layer and alignment the second layer it also rotates with the first layer as well. Is there a way to individually sync the two CAD layers them place one on top of the other ?

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:44 pm

Either import two models with common Ref Frame (easy method) or...

Import CAD 1 then Align and add as Furniture.
Import CAD 2 then Align.
Remove CAD one from Furniture (added back to normal CAD layer)

Search Forum for use of "Furniture"